Contact Us: 800.563.PHYSICS
Radioactive and Mixed Waste Services
Decontamination and Decommissioning
Characterization and Final Status Survey
License Terminations and Laboratory Closeouts
As 2015 comes to a close, it is time to reflect on past growth and look to the future. Ameriphysics has had an extremely successful year while maintaining its position as the leader in cyclotron decommissioning by securing contracts for nine cyclotron facilities. Five of these projects were completed in 2015 with the remainder slated to be completed in 2016. These cyclotron decommissioning and decontamination (D&D) projects combined with the company’s other decommissioning projects shipped and over 7 million pounds of low-level radioactive waste disposal in 2015. Other notable health physics and environmental remediation accomplishments during 2015 include:
• Scoping, characterization and final status surveys, including more than 12,000 square feet of DOE owned property, using the methodology outlined in MARSSIM;
• Award of contracts and continuation of ongoing projects at Argonne National Laboratory and Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant;
• Completion of the initial phase of a mine waste and contaminated soil remediation project for USEPA Region 7 that is slated to continue into 2016;
• Environmental oversight at a historic brownfield site; and
• Continued work with many of our repeat clients including GEHC, PETNET, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech and Provision HealthCare Partners.
In addition to corporate success, Ameriphysics has also experienced professional growth through the addition of several new employees and personal successes of its current staff. A warm welcome to Ameriphysics’ newest employees:
• Paul Jones, General Manager Radiological Programs
• Robert Hansen, Health Physics Technician
• Jordan Davidson, Health Physics Technician
• Gil Alexander, Environmental Services Program Manager
• Jon Huthsing, Project Superintendent
• Brandon Mee, Assistant Project Superintendent
Corporate Compliance Officer Elizabeth Gillenwalters completed the ABHP certification exams to become the company’s newest Certified Health Physicist. Additionally, she was awarded the Elda E. Anderson award from the Health Physics Society.
Chris Brandjes was promoted to Vice President of Radiological Programs and is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Radiological and Waste Services programs.
Vice President of Environmental Programs, Mark Wilks, joined Ameriphysics in 2014 and proceeded to expand this program to more than 4.3 million dollars in environmental projects in 2015 with continued expansion of this program planned for 2016.
Looking forward to 2016, Ameriphysics will start the year off strong with contracted revenue of $9.4 million.
Ameriphysics would like to thank its many valued clients, employees, and friends; and is optimistic for the many wonderful opportunities the New Year holds.